March 2016 Raspi 3B announced.
March 2018 Raspi 3B+ announced.
June 24th, 2019 Raspi 4B announced.
At Code2Create.Club, we have been eagerly working / playing / learning in activities of coding or physical computing around Raspberry Pi + Scratch + Python since Raspberry Pi 3B, for about three years. Five years ago we started with PCs for Scratch because Raspberry Pi 1 / 2 were lack of power to satisfy the free ideas or imagination of our kids at that time .
We've got about 200 units of Raspi 3B. 3B+ was not so powerful comparing to 3B and it has hardware compatibilities with 3B, so we ignored it for a whole year. Then we started to test the 3B+ because Raspi 4 seemed to available in 2020 at the soonest. Surprised!! Raspi 4B has announced on June 24th, 2019.
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- 4-core processor unchanged
- clock speed at 1.5GHz (3B+ : 1.4GHz, 3B : 1.2GHz)
- Ethernet (wired LAN) at 1Gbps (3B+ : 300Mbps, 3B : 100Mbps)
- RAM storage in three styles of 1GByte / 2GByte / 4GByte (was 1GByte）
- LPDDR4 RAM (LPDDR2 in 3B/3B+)
- USB 3.0 x 2, USB 2.0 x 2 (was USB 2.0 x 4)
- Power plug: USB Type-C (was micro USB)
- micro HDMI x 2, 4K / 60Hz (was HDMI x 1, full-HD: 1920 x 1080 / 60Hz）
- Raspbian OS：Buster（3B debuted with Jessie, updated to Stretch one year later)
The source of Raspbian, Debian will release the Buster in coming July 6th, 2019. Yes, Raspbian Buster is a kind of jumping the gun for two weeks!
I'm really happy with USB 3.0 and 4GByte storage. Clock speed? It depends on how you can make it cool anyway.
It's all about how we can use Scratch 1.4 / 2.0 / 3.0 and Chromium browser without problem or stress.
In Japan, we will have to wait for few months to get ones because of its certificates and conformity in Radio Act. I will check it and update as soon as I get one.